Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Atlas Shrugged



So AT&T recently merged with SBC, creating at&t and an updated globe logo, a little ball that I cannot, despite my best efforts, get away from. The other day I saw billboards in both Spanish and English, while driving alongside a bus advertisement, and hearing talk of their new motto your world delivered on the radio. Not to mention the magazine, television, and web ads that have been slowly grating on me over the past few weeks. They must be spending a hundred million dollars making us all aware of absolutely nothing. This new at&t means little to me, and I have no idea what it means that they're delivering my world to me. I thought I was already living in my world, I wasn't aware that I was awaiting its delivery.


I appreciate the heads up on the new identity and all, but if I have to see that three-dimensional blue and white striped thing or hear the corresponding tagline five more times I just might go insane. The new at&t is close to going down in my bad blood book right after John Mayer and Napoleon Dynamite. I wish they would just pin me down, give me a tattoo of their impressionistic rendering of the earth, and move on to delivering someone else's world.

Is anyone else having a hard time with this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Elsewhere: Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin' [Be A Design Group]

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

yeah.. but I do kind of like the Oasis song in the commercials (that is Oasis right?)

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home