Sunday, April 10, 2005

Point. Set. Match.

Can't we all just get along? Agree to disagree?

Personally, I hate the term "agree to disagree." You either agree or you disagree. There's no need to agree to disagree, people just say that b/c they feel uncomfortable with lingering discord. I think you can still be friends with someone and not agree with them on everything... especially if the point of contention is sports, which by their nature involve disagreement.

Tracy originally claimed a victory, and now is claiming a truce in our most recent point/counterpoint. Truth be told, while the blog comment voting is a veritable dead heat, I conducted a straw poll which has me winning this little discussion. (Trina sees both sides; Katie, Colin, Felicia vote in my favor.)

Straw polls aren't necessarily official, so I'll hold off declaring victory. Tracy's initial point and subsequent thoughts, however, have me wondering if she's really a sports fan or if she just enjoys spending summer days out in the warm sunlight watching guys in cute outfits run around. Tracy, you can choose to not care about how any team besides the Astros are doing, but the Astros' success is only relative to how everyone else in their division is doing.

I suppose that the disagreement continues, even though I'm officially done discussing it. I'm okay with that.

1 Comments:

Blogger tracy said...

Low blow Brett, low blow. I was trying to take the high road and then you slap me in the face! Another friendly gesture to get me riled up? Perhaps. Or maybe not.

And as far as not declaring victory, I think the title of your post contradicts that notion. I may be just a stupid girl who's in it for the suntan and hot guys, but I still know my sports lingo. So don't try and sneak in your subtle water polo language and expect me not to notice!

Ok, I'm off to go do my nails!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home