Wednesday, November 09, 2005

(i drink my coffee) BLACK WEDNESDAY

The single cause of my no good, terrible, very bad day: Peet's Coffee, Austin, TX style is closing. Apparently they're just not selling enough. Peet's Coffee is closing its doors on the Drag on November 18. That's in 10 days.



I love Peet's and hate (hate!) to see them go. I'm not sure where I'll find coffee like that, I'm not sure where I'll find people like that: Bronwyn, Aimee, Dee, Dana, Bob, Meredith, Shannon, et al. They're good friends, I will miss them.

If you would like to call Peet's to mourn and/or complain, please do so: 800-999-2132.

All good things must come to an end? Are you kidding? 10 days. That's not even enough time to say goodbye.

3 Comments:

Blogger mattclack said...

I'm sooooo sorry Brett. I know how much you love that place. I miss any coffee that from Austin. Look on the bright side, you'll always have Joe's.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

For some reason, the name "Peet" makes me think of peat moss. I dunno. I hope your taste buds are able to recover and learn to love again...

12:53 AM  
Blogger sethdub said...

Wow, life really did stop for you after Nov. 9, eh? So sorry, myself.

Maybe they'll reopen for Christmas my friend.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home