Tuesday, July 11, 2006

come on ride The Avalanche, and ride it.



Is my writing a post about the new Sufjan Stevens album The Avalanche: Outtakes and Extras from the Illinois Album the most predictable thing that I could possibly do at this juncture? I submit that it is. The album came out today, and is available on emusic. That's just one more reason to love the good folks at emusic.



Pitchfork gave Avalanche a 7.2 on the Richter scale. They also said this, which I don't understand in the least, though I would probably write something similar in an attempt at turning a phrase:

"He'll never come to our houses and weep on our shoulders-- but he'll write songs about coming to our houses and weeping on our shoulders."


Wicka-wicka-what?! I'm looking forward to the three additional versions of Chicago (including the multiple-personality disorder version). But then again, aren't we all? I'm in Colorado this week visiting my family and sundry other people and places. I suppose that The Avalanche fits in a bit better here than in the great state of Illinois. I wonder if The Avalanche is kind of like what would happen if Illinois lost its job and took a road trip to Colorado? I wish my emusic download would hurry up and finish so that I could know.

In other Sufjan news, a tour was just announced, including two dates at Austin's Paramount Theater during ACL weekend. Level ORCH Section R Row N Seat 8, I'll be sitting on you soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger travmueller said...

I really need to get some of his music so as to find out why you all like him so much. I don't know about all of this.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I'm normally not one for some of Doug's music tastes, but if you introduced him to this album, you have my thumbs up. I enjoy hearing this throughout the house on a simi-regular basis.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been rocking this Cd all week. I love the adult contemporary version of Chicago. Brilliance.

Hope you are well Brett! Would love to hang sometime

Pax Christus,
Adam

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home