Thursday, July 13, 2006

I See (Inside) Dead People



I don't know what Bill Gates (care of the NY Times) is so crazed about, but last night I went on a voyage into the world of the human body. That's right, I visited the Body Worlds (2) exhibit at the Denver Museum of Science and Nature last night. This German guy Gunther von Hagens has figured out how to preserve and seperate the various systems of the human body so that one can look at and be slightly to mostly grossed out by our insides.



From Wikipedia: Body Worlds (German title: Körperwelten) is a traveling exhibition of preserved human bodies and body parts that are prepared using a technique called plastination to reveal inner organs or structures. The exhibition's developer and promoter is a German anatomist named Gunther von Hagens, who invented the plastination technique in the late 1970s...


Indeed.

5 Comments:

Blogger tracy said...

Eeewwwwwwwwwww.

3:11 PM  
Blogger travmueller said...

What is the deal with crazy German men wanting to do weird things with the human body? This really must stop. I'm not impressed, only disturbed.

7:20 PM  
Blogger mattclack said...

This just came to town in Norfolk and I refused to go see it. (Mistake? I think not.) It was called "The universe Within". My friend Laura did see it and she said it was amazing, but made her slightly ill, car sick ill.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Do we know if this show is coming to Austin? I think it would be interesting to see. Perhaps ill, perhaps awesome, maybe both?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That's awesome that you got to come to CO. I sincerely hope nobody dragged you to Focus on the Family or anything like that...?

Well I live in the Springs and didn't even make it to Body Worlds. You are way more in control of the world of exhibition than I am. Just wait: it will probably go to TX someday and I will randomly be in TX and go see it, and you will not.

Yes, still a creepy stranger who reads your blog as much as possible,

S.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home