Monday, February 14, 2005

a sure-fire cure to any Valentine ills...

So my friend Will had an interesting thought today on all Valentine's Day related saga. In the past I've subscribed to the "greeting card/candy company ploy" theory, but I might just adopt this: Will claims that if we told/showed people we loved them all the time, that Valentine's Day would seem utterly pointless... and I'm pretty sure no one gets worked up over pointless holidays (see Columbus Day). He was actually talking about people in relationships, but I think it might work in a general sense (i.e. for the singles out there).

Of course I also subscribe to the belief that good music can make any day way better. My parents sent a Valentine's Day miracle my way earlier, care of an iTunes gift certificate. This could be the complete and total cause of my Valentine's bliss. Any thoughts on what I should get?

In light of paying it foward, here's some music to check out. It's free, which is kind of like me giving you an iTunes gift certificate... well sort of.

Andrew Bird - "A Nervous Tic Motion of The Head To The Left"
Low - "California"

[both care of stereogum]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home