Friday, March 25, 2005

cardinal rule

I sometimes worry that I talk about Ryan Adams too much. Talk tends to ruin things. Take Napoleon Dynamite for example, the mention of which has a definite fingernails on a chalkboard affect on my soul.



You could call too much talk of a single thing hype. You could also go the whole too much of a good thing route. Regardless, talk of old experiences tends to keep new experiences at bay. Memories, while inspiring and worth treasuring, are never quite recorded as is... leaving everything too rose-tinted or painful or hilarious or lovey-dovey.

I don't want to hype Ryan Adams to the point where you cannot appreciate the subtleties, to the point where you cannot give his music the time it needs to sink in. I also don't want to spill my past memories or experiences out on you, expecting you to have the same ones.

I'll just say this: Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cold Roses - 5.3.2005

Also this: you can hear some and imagine the rest here.

I have a feeling good times afresh and new are in the works...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Seaberg said...

Just letting you know I found you. Tag...you're it.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home