Tuesday, May 17, 2005

the gifts of girls

Girls give each other gifts that no guy would ever dream up. Stuff from places with "barn" or "yankee" in the title, places having nothing at all to do with proper farm management or the states north of the Mason-Dixon line. Case in point: my sister's birthday is on Friday, and last night some of her friends from school took her out to dinner. Someone gave her "Bookmarker Pens":



Bookmarker Pens (7 slim pens in 4 tasteful shades) are apparently good for these reasons: (1) Slips easily, trimly over a page and your pocket. (2) Ideal place marker and pen for diaries, checkbooks, questionnaires and the phone book. (3) Light weight. Mail to a friend, a good reminder that you're owed a letter.

I've never thought of mailing a friend a pen to remind them that they owe me a letter. That seems a little passive agressive. Also isn't the ideal pen for a phone book any kind of pen? Who weighs the pros and cons here, now really.

I do like the inspirational quotes though, I'm a sucker for inspiration:

"Hope is a waking dream." - Aristotle

"All the sounds of the earth are like music." - Oscar Hammerstein II

"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso

"Wish not so much to live long as to live well." - Benjamin Franklin

"A good laugh is sunshine in a house." - Unknown

"Nature does nothing uselessly." - Aristotle

"All art is but imitation of nature." - Luciuas Annaeus Seneca


I'll take credit for that unknown quote since no one else has, even though it's a bit cheesy. I've probably said that before, and besides, I need to start stockpiling quotations if I ever plan on reaching Benjamin Franklin status.

Doug has something much more interesting over at his blog, Lyrics of the Week, encouraging people to "Feel free to add anything that's been haunting you." You should do that.

1 Comments:

Blogger tracy said...

Those pens are so cool! I want them.

I like being a girl.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home