Wednesday, December 07, 2005

a few thousand words

After a moment of silence to lower your expectations*...

I'm writing a blog post, which means that I probably am avoiding doing something more necessary and less exciting. Here are some pictures from the last few weeks, complete with captions!


November 19: The last day of existence for Peet's Coffee (and Tea) on the Drag. I was sad for a while, but now I'm mostly past it. I think I went through the five stages of dealing with death in the process: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.



November 20: Dan and Paul at Pine Cove. Don't let the colors fool you, they are in fact wearing the exact same sweater.




November 20: A Pine Cove sunset, irrevocable proof that Texas is a very big state.



November 23: Driving to Round Top, TX for Thanksgiving in the countryside. Stuck in traffic. Relegated to taking pictures of concrete.



November 24: The first annual Thanksgiving Day Game of Croquet. My sister pretends to hit herself in the eye with her mallet.



November 24: Corrie (Nelson) is miffed. Mrs. Hird yawns in response.



November 24: Corrie and Ian (Nelson): bored or pensive?


November 24: Flowers. Fields.



November 24: A Round Top, TX sunset. Thanksgiving? Fine, thanks.


*adapted from the words of Cabe Matthews.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Brett- good to see you active again. Active blogging that is. And I appreciate the cameo... even if it was a veiled shot at me and my sweater.

10:09 AM  
Blogger mattclack said...

Brett, miss you tons. I hope I get to see you over the holidays!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home