Monday, August 29, 2005

hands across elizabeth

To commemorate the 19 year, 3 month, and 5 day anniversary of Hands Across America, I will be hosting Hands Across Elizabeth an event of solidarity, celebrating the human spirit and the power of community. Community is really about being a good neighbor, and neighborhoods are the setting of most communities. With that in mind we will gather together and stretch down my street (Elizabeth St.), to remind people of the power of asking others, "Won't you be my neighbor?"



During this solemn gathering, we will also help the residents at 704 Elizabeth St. (myself included) in their move down the street to 1400 Bouldin. We will stretch out over the 0.2 miles of this course and pass boxes of prized (and not-so-prized) possessions from one house to the other. The 704 house is purple, the 1400 house is blue, so if you come please wear a red shirt. We're taking out the red. We're going blue.



Music, food(?), drinks(?), and a communal bond not easily broken. Interested? Meet us at 6pm on Tuesday, August 30th. Let the fun commence.

3 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

Please! Help! Us! Move!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

yes. the yucca house (704) is purple with green trim. it's a sight to behold.

also, that is in fact me standing next to Ronald Regan. at least, it kind of looks like me.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In neglecting to check my email, I missed out on the hands across elizabeth festivities. My apologies, hope it was fabulous.
p.s I started reading "The Question of God" last night and am thus far hooked. Thanks for lendin it to me!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home