Monday, February 28, 2005

i hug you.

Apparently T.dang has been plotting to hug me. (You can read the sordid details on her blog, here and here.) She carried through on her plot last night after church. She claims that I just stood there awkwardly, unable in my person to return affection.

I just want to set the record straight. This is what happened: I was standing perfectly normally, engrossed in perfectly normal conversation with a friend. Suddenly, Tiffany had her arms wrapped around me, pinning my arms to my side, in some sort of hug. I could do nothing but look down at her (she comes up to my chest cavity) helplessly and wait for her to release me. I'm pretty sure the awkwardness is all on the Dang.



I'm not above being sometimes awkward with hugs, I've had my fair share of intention induced mishaps, but I feel like I've learned a lot from past mistakes. I can definitely hug. In fact, the other weekend in Dallas, I greeted Katie with the extremely difficult high-five into side-hug maneuver. That's probably the most difficult type of hug, and I'd give myself about an 8 out of 10.

I made this (about hugs) the other year for this thing called the Forerunner Project. You should read it. A certain Randy Choy was also involved in its production.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

i maintain that i was pinned. pinned i tell you.

the head pat was its own gesture, on account of i was trying to figure out if i could palm tiff's head (i can).

this comment is bordering on the ridiculous.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brett

i question the credibility of your hugging finesse if you feel it necessary to rate yourself on the typical ten point scale.

True proficiency is beyond a grade, it is an innate art.

you have the idea down in theory, but practice makes perfect.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home